Pecan Crescent Cookies
Rich, buttery and absolutely irresistible, these old-fashioned nut cookies were one of Mom's specialties. Any meal was a memorable event when she served this scrumptious treat.
-Grace Yaskovic, Branchville, New Jersey
36 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min./batch + cooling
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup finely Diamond of California Chopped Pecans
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, cream butter, sugar and vanilla until light and
- fluffy. Gradually add flour. Stir in pecans.
- Shape rounded teaspoonfuls of dough into 2-1/2-in. logs and shape
- into crescents. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 325° for 20-22 minutes or until set and bottoms are
- lightly browned. Let stand for 2-3 minutes before removing to wire
- racks to cool. Dust with confectioners' sugar before serving.
- Yield: 6 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 2 cookies equals 104 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 14 mg cholesterol, 52 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.