Rich, buttery and absolutely irresistible, these old-fashioned nut cookies were one of Mom's specialties. Any meal was a memorable event when she served this scrumptious treat. -Grace Yaskovic, Branchville, New Jersey
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, cream butter, sugar and vanilla until light and fluffy. Gradually add flour. Stir in pecans.
- Shape rounded teaspoonfuls of dough into 2-1/2-in. logs and shape into crescents. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 325° for 20-22 minutes or until set and bottoms are lightly browned. Let stand for 2-3 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool. Dust with confectioners' sugar before serving. Yield: 6 dozen.
Originally published as Pecan Crescent Cookies in Taste of Home June/July 2000, p35
Reviews for Pecan Crescent Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review