- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, cream butter, sugar and vanilla until light and fluffy. Gradually add flour. Stir in pecans.
- Shape rounded teaspoonfuls of dough into 2-1/2-in. logs and shape into crescents. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 325° for 20-22 minutes or until set and bottoms are lightly browned. Let stand for 2-3 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool. Dust with confectioners' sugar before serving. Yield: 6 dozen.
Reviews for Pecan Crescent Cookies
Sort By :
I make these every year for the holidays, they are a requirement for my goody bags (that I give out as gifts). I like to substitute cashews for pecans otherwise I pretty much leave the recipe as is. The crescent moon shape is nice for Yule gatherings as well (for those like myself who are not christian)