Pecan Cream Cheese Squares
From Wills Point, Texas, field editor Dorothy Pritchett says, "This rich, easy dessert is perfect after a light meal."
36 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 45 min. + cooling
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3-2/3 cups confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, beat the cake mix, 1 egg and butter until blended.
- Stir in pecans. Press into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan; set
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar and remaining eggs
- until smooth. Pour over pecan mixture.
- Bake at 350° for 45-55 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a
- wire rack; cut into squares. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 3
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 204 calories, 11 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 31 mg cholesterol, 140 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.