Pecan Cream Cheese Pie
Toasted coconut, nuts and caramel sauce top a cream cheese layer in this special pie from Mildred Troupe of Wartrace, Tennessee. "A friend who loves to give out recipes shared this with me...I'm so glad she did!" Mildred reports.
6-8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling Bake: 5 min. + cooling
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1-3/4 cups whipped topping
- 1 pastry shell (9 inches), baked and cooled
- 1/2 cup caramel ice cream topping
- In a bowl, combine pecans, coconut and butter. Pour onto an ungreased
- 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 5-10
- minutes or until golden brown, stirring occasionally. Cool.
- In a bowl, beat the cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Fold in
- whipped topping. Spoon into pastry shell. Sprinkle with coconut
- mixture. Drizzle with caramel topping. Refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 462 calories, 33 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 36 mg cholesterol, 287 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.