Pecan Cranberry Muffins Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups chopped fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1-1/4 cup sugar, divided
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 4-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1. In a bowl, toss cranberries with 1/4 cup sugar; set aside. Combine flour, baking powder, salt and remaining sugar. Cut in butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- 2. Combine eggs and milk; stir into flour mixture just until moistened. Fold in pecans, lemon peel and cranberries. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full.
- 3. Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until muffins test done. Yield: about 1-1/2 dozen.
1 each: 241 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 39mg cholesterol, 231mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein
Reviews for Pecan Cranberry Muffins
"Not all that great."
"Great recipe, wonderful blend of sweet and tangy flavors."
"Wonderful. I made them for a party, and everyone loved them!"
"I added one teaspoon vanilla extract and used 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract instead of the grated lemon peel. Was very simple to make and turned out great!! Will absolutely make again!!"
"these were excellent i used a package of cranberries/blueberries and didn't add the 1/4 c of sugar as they are sweet no nuts otherwise the same my grandchildren loved them i will make this again and again"
"One word to describe these muffins...DELICIOUS!!"
"These are addictive--soooo good! Had to substitute walnuts for pecans and added a little lemon juice instead of grated lemon peel. Will make exactly by recipe next time."
"Excellent muffins with a light, almost airy texture. The cranberries and lemon peel give the muffins a bright, crisp-tart flavor."