Pecan Cranberry Muffins Recipe
When you want a little something extra for breakfast, serve these muffins - you'll get requests for seconds. I store them in the freezer and reheat them when we want them.—Suzanne McKinley, Lyons, Georgia
- 1-1/2 cups chopped fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1-1/4 cup sugar, divided
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 4-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1. In a bowl, toss cranberries with 1/4 cup sugar; set aside. Combine flour, baking powder, salt and remaining sugar. Cut in butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- 2. Combine eggs and milk; stir into flour mixture just until moistened. Fold in pecans, lemon peel and cranberries. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full.
- 3. Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until muffins test done. Yield: about 1-1/2 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 241 calories, 11 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 39 mg cholesterol, 231 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for Pecan Cranberry Muffins
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC