Pecan Cranberry Muffins
When you want a little something extra for breakfast, serve these muffins - you'll get requests for seconds. I store them in the freezer and reheat them when we want them.Suzanne McKinley, Lyons, Georgia
18 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1-1/2 cups chopped fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1-1/4 cup sugar, divided
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 4-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- In a bowl, toss cranberries with 1/4 cup sugar; set aside. Combine
- flour, baking powder, salt and remaining sugar. Cut in butter until
- the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Combine eggs and milk; stir into flour mixture just until moistened.
- Fold in pecans, lemon peel and cranberries. Fill greased or
- paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full.
- Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until muffins test done.
- Yield: about 1-1/2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 241 calories, 11 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 39 mg cholesterol, 231 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.