- 1-1/2 cups chopped fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1-1/4 cup sugar, divided
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 4-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- In a bowl, toss cranberries with 1/4 cup sugar; set aside. Combine flour, baking powder, salt and remaining sugar. Cut in butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Combine eggs and milk; stir into flour mixture just until moistened. Fold in pecans, lemon peel and cranberries. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full.
- Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until muffins test done. Yield: about 1-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Pecan Cranberry Muffins
"Not impressive at all with the flavor. Wouldn't make again."
"Not all that great."
"Great recipe, wonderful blend of sweet and tangy flavors."
"Wonderful. I made them for a party, and everyone loved them!"
"I added one teaspoon vanilla extract and used 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract instead of the grated lemon peel. Was very simple to make and turned out great!! Will absolutely make again!!"
"these were excellent i used a package of cranberries/blueberries and didn't add the 1/4 c of sugar as they are sweet no nuts otherwise the same my grandchildren loved them i will make this again and again"
"One word to describe these muffins...DELICIOUS!!"
"These are addictive--soooo good! Had to substitute walnuts for pecans and added a little lemon juice instead of grated lemon peel. Will make exactly by recipe next time."
"Excellent muffins with a light, almost airy texture. The cranberries and lemon peel give the muffins a bright, crisp-tart flavor."