- 1-1/2 cups chopped fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1-1/4 cup sugar, divided
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 4-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- In a bowl, toss cranberries with 1/4 cup sugar; set aside. Combine flour, baking powder, salt and remaining sugar. Cut in butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Combine eggs and milk; stir into flour mixture just until moistened. Fold in pecans, lemon peel and cranberries. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full.
- Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until muffins test done. Yield: about 1-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Pecan Cranberry Muffins
"Not all that great."
"Great recipe, wonderful blend of sweet and tangy flavors."
"Wonderful. I made them for a party, and everyone loved them!"
"I added one teaspoon vanilla extract and used 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract instead of the grated lemon peel. Was very simple to make and turned out great!! Will absolutely make again!!"