Pecan Cranberry Coffee Cake Recipe
Yogurt and cranberry sauce make this colorful coffee cake extra moist and extra special! Serve it with coffee while opening gifts in the morning, with hot chocolate for a merry afternoon snack or even as a Christmas dessert.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup (8 ounces) plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine the yogurt and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture alternately with yogurt mixture.
- 2. Set aside 1-1/2 cups batter; pour remaining batter into a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Top with half of the cranberry sauce. Combine topping ingredients; sprinkle half over cranberry sauce. Top with reserved batter and remaining cranberry sauce and topping. Bake at 325° for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 9 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 527 calories, 22 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 78 mg cholesterol, 394 mg sodium, 79 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 7 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC