Pecan Corn Muffins
These dressed-up cornmeal muffins are chock-full of chopped pecans. Served warm with jalapeno pepper jelly, they make a zippy accompaniment to a bowl of chili or a brunch buffet. —Shirley Glaab, Hattiesburg, Mississippi
16 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 1-1/4 cups yellow cornmeal
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Jalapeno pepper jelly
- In a large bowl, combine the cornmeal, sugar, flour, baking powder
- and salt. In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, milk and butter; stir
- into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in pecans.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at
- 400° for 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the
- center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans
- to wire racks. Serve warm with pepper jelly. Yield: 16 muffins.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 229 calories, 12 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 44 mg cholesterol, 161 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.