These dressed-up cornmeal muffins are chock-full of chopped pecans. Served warm with jalapeno pepper jelly, they make a zippy accompaniment to a bowl of chili or a brunch buffet. —Shirley Glaab, Hattiesburg, Mississippi
- 1-1/4 cups yellow cornmeal
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Jalapeno pepper jelly
- In a large bowl, combine the cornmeal, sugar, flour, baking powder and salt. In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, milk and butter; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in pecans.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 400° for 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Serve warm with pepper jelly. Yield: 16 muffins.
Originally published as Pecan Corn Muffins in Taste of Home October/November 2005, p37
Reviews for Pecan Corn Muffins
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 30, 2013
"These were very good and an easy side for the Spicy Pork Chili on the same page."