These dressed-up cornmeal muffins are chock-full of chopped pecans. Served warm with jalapeno pepper jelly, they make a zippy accompaniment to a bowl of chili or a brunch buffet. —Shirley Glaab, Hattiesburg, Mississippi
Featured In: 60 Muffin Recipes Worth Waking Up For
- 1-1/4 cups yellow cornmeal
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Jalapeno pepper jelly
- In a large bowl, combine the cornmeal, sugar, flour, baking powder and salt. In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, milk and butter; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in pecans.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 400° for 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Serve warm with pepper jelly. Yield: 16 muffins.
Originally published as Pecan Corn Muffins in Taste of Home October/November 2005, p37
Reviews for Pecan Corn Muffins
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review