Pecan-Corn Bread Dressing
Plenty of pecans and bacon give this stuffing a unique flavor— while using a packaged mix cuts down on the preparation time.
10 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 3 cups water
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 package (16 ounces) corn bread stuffing mix
- 10 bacon strips, diced
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1-1/2 cups chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large saucepan, bring water and butter to a boil. Remove from
- the heat and stir in stuffing mix; cover and set aside.
- In a large skillet, cook bacon until crisp; remove with a slotted
- spoon to drain on paper towels. Discard all but 3 tablespoons of
- drippings; cook celery in drippings over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Add onions and cook 5 minutes or until celery is tender, stirring
- constantly. Add to corn bread mixture along with pecans, salt,
- pepper and bacon; mix well.
- Transfer to a greased 2-qt. casserole. Cover and bake at 325° for
- 45 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 10 servings.