Around our house, we especially enjoy these slightly sweet nutty cookies for a midday snack. But my family also likes them for a nice breakfast treat.
45 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
- 1-1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 3/4 cup finely Diamond of California Chopped Pecans
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- In a large bowl, combine flours and baking powder; stir in oats. Cut
- butter into pieces; cut into flour mixture until well mixed. Add
- pecans and sugar; mix well. Stir in enough milk with a fork to form
- a stiff paste.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead lightly until smooth. Roll out on
- a floured surface to 1/4-in. to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut with 1-1/2-in
- round cookie cutter.
- Place on baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Bake at 375°
- for 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on wire racks. Yield:
- about 7-1/2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (2 cookies) equals 60 calories, 3 g fat (0 saturated fat), trace cholesterol, 36 mg sodium,