Around our house, we especially enjoy these slightly sweet nutty cookies for a midday snack. But my family also likes them for a nice breakfast treat.
Featured In: 11 Recipes to Make with Chocolate Kisses
- 1-1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 3/4 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- In a large bowl, combine flours and baking powder; stir in oats. Cut butter into pieces; cut into flour mixture until well mixed. Add pecans and sugar; mix well. Stir in enough milk with a fork to form a stiff paste.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead lightly until smooth. Roll out on a floured surface to 1/4-in. to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut with 1-1/2-in round cookie cutter.
- Place on baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Bake at 375° for 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on wire racks. Yield: about 7-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Pecan Cookies in Country Woman November/December 1997, p36
Reviews for Pecan Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review