"Mom serves this nutty coffee cake for Christmas breakfast each year," shares Becky Wax of Tuscola, Illinois. "The simple recipe is a big time-saver on such an event-filled morning. Everyone loves the crunchy topping."
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 4 eggs
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients; beat on low for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Combine pecans, sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over batter. Cut through batter with a knife to swirl pecan mixture.
- Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Meanwhile in a small bowl, combine confectioners' sugar and orange juice until smooth; drizzle over warm coffee cake. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Originally published as Pecan Coffee Cake in Quick Cooking July/August 2000, p46
Reviews for Pecan Coffee Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review