- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 4 eggs
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients; beat on low for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Combine pecans, sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over batter. Cut through batter with a knife to swirl pecan mixture.
- Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Meanwhile in a small bowl, combine confectioners' sugar and orange juice until smooth; drizzle over warm coffee cake. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Reviews for Pecan Coffee Cake
"To take this delicious coffee cake to the next level add orange zest to the batter and replace half the vanilla extract with orange extract. It compliments the orange in the icing and gives a fresh scent to the coffee cake. I also add 1/2 cup of brown sugar to the cinnamon topping mixture to take it over the top. Delicious!!"
"Delicious! I took this to a ladies meeting and was asked by several of them for the recipe. Very moist, will make again."
"I used a glass pan for this, it took about 50 mins to bake. This is an excellent recipe!!!!!"
"Crunchy, moist, and flavorful. It's so good, I don't even make the sugar drizzle for the top. It's fine without it!"
"My family thought this was ok, but no one raved about it. I tried to really swirl the topping into the cake, but most of the topping stayed near the top. It might be better to let the cake cool before drizzling the glaze because it all my glaze just seeped into the warm cake (i.e., it did not look the photo)."