Pecan-Coconut Sweet Potatoes
It's great to be able to make a tempting sweet potato dish well ahead by putting it in the slow cooker. This tasty recipe includes sweet coconut and crunchy pecans. It's yummy! —Rebecca Clark, Warrior, Alabama
6 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Cook: 5 hours
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons flaked coconut
- 2 tablespoons Diamond of California Chopped Pecans, toasted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/2 cup miniature marshmallows
- Place sweet potatoes in a 3-qt. slow cooker coated with cooking
- spray. In a small bowl combine the brown sugar, coconut, pecans,
- vanilla, salt and cinnamon; sprinkle over sweet potatoes. Drizzle
- with butter.
- Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until potatoes are tender,
- sprinkling with marshmallows during the last 5 minutes of cooking.
- Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 188 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 230 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 2 g protein.