Pecan-Coconut Sweet Potatoes Recipe
It's great to be able to make a tempting sweet potato dish well ahead by putting it in the slow cooker. This tasty recipe includes sweet coconut and crunchy pecans. It's yummy! —Rebecca Clark, Warrior, Alabama
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons flaked coconut
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans, toasted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/2 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1. In a small bowl, mix the first six ingredients. Place sweet potatoes in a 3-qt. slow cooker coated with cooking spray; sprinkle with brown sugar mixture. Drizzle with butter.
- 2. Cook, covered, on low 5-6 hours or until sweet potatoes are tender. Turn off slow cooker. Sprinkle marshmallows over potatoes; let stand, covered, 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
3/4 cup equals 188 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 230 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 2 g protein.
Reviews for Pecan-Coconut Sweet Potatoes
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC