- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons flaked coconut
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans, toasted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/2 cup miniature marshmallows
- In a small bowl, mix the first six ingredients. Place sweet potatoes in a 3-qt. slow cooker coated with cooking spray; sprinkle with brown sugar mixture. Drizzle with butter.
- Cook, covered, on low 5-6 hours or until sweet potatoes are tender. Turn off slow cooker. Sprinkle marshmallows over potatoes; let stand, covered, 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Pecan-Coconut Sweet Potatoes
Sort By :
"I made these for Thanksgiving and they were really easy to make make and super delicious!"
"These sweets were delicious and not only easy, but it freed-up my oven for turkey and other dishes that had to be warmed-up(I tried this recipe for Thanksgiving). I will definately put sweet potatoes in my crock-pot from now on!I used 7 qt crock, 5 lbs potatoes, & increased all ingredients appropriately. the only other ingredient I added was 3 tbsp O.J. and eliminated white sugar.Thanks for sharing this fantastic recipe!"
"I tried this at Thanksgiving...and was disapointed. My guests were used to the traditional mashed sweet potato casserole. Although this had a good flavor, what was lacking was the texture. I actually ended up mashing the leftovers adding more sugar and re-baking them in a casserole dish."