It's great to be able to make a tempting sweet potato dish well ahead by putting it in the slow cooker. This tasty recipe includes sweet coconut and crunchy pecans. It's yummy! —Rebecca Clark, Warrior, Alabama
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons flaked coconut
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans, toasted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/2 cup miniature marshmallows
- In a small bowl, mix the first six ingredients. Place sweet potatoes in a 3-qt. slow cooker coated with cooking spray; sprinkle with brown sugar mixture. Drizzle with butter.
- Cook, covered, on low 5-6 hours or until sweet potatoes are tender. Turn off slow cooker. Sprinkle marshmallows over potatoes; let stand, covered, 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Coconut-Pecan Sweet Potatoes in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes Annual 2008, p77
Reviews for Pecan-Coconut Sweet Potatoes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review