Pecan Coconut Pie
Someone brought this pie to my nephew's wedding, and I just had to get the recipe. It's the best I've ever tasted.
6-8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 45 min. + cooling
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 teaspoons McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- Pinch salt
- 1-1/2 cups pecan halves
- 1-1/2 cups flaked coconut
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- In a large bowl, beat eggs. Beat in the sugar, corn syrup, butter,
- vanilla and salt. Stir in pecans and coconut. Pour into pastry
- Make a domed cover with foil. Bake at 350° for 35 minutes.
- Uncover; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until a knife inserted near
- the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 6-8
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 571 calories, 34 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 96 mg cholesterol, 256 mg sodium, 65 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 6 g protein.