Someone brought this pie to my nephew's wedding, and I just had to get the recipe. It's the best I've ever tasted.
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Pinch salt
- 1-1/2 cups pecan halves
- 1-1/2 cups flaked coconut
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- In a large bowl, beat eggs. Beat in the sugar, corn syrup, butter, vanilla and salt. Stir in pecans and coconut. Pour into pastry shell.
- Make a domed cover with foil. Bake at 350° for 35 minutes. Uncover; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Pecan Coconut Pie in Country Extra January 2003, p51
Reviews for Pecan Coconut Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Oct. 23, 2013
"This is the best pie that I have eaten in a very long time. It is simple to make. Thank you."