Someone brought this pie to my nephew's wedding, and I just had to get the recipe. It's the best I've ever tasted.
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Pinch salt
- 1-1/2 cups pecan halves
- 1-1/2 cups flaked coconut
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- In a large bowl, beat eggs. Beat in the sugar, corn syrup, butter, vanilla and salt. Stir in pecans and coconut. Pour into pastry shell.
- Make a domed cover with foil. Bake at 350° for 35 minutes. Uncover; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Pecan Coconut Pie in Country Extra January 2003, p51
Reviews for Pecan Coconut Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 23, 2013
"This is the best pie that I have eaten in a very long time. It is simple to make. Thank you."