- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup finely shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 tilapia fillets (6 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- In a shallow bowl, whisk eggs. In a separate shallow bowl, combine coconut, pecans, salt and pepper flakes. Dip fillets in eggs, then in coconut mixture, patting to help coating adhere.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. In batches, add tilapia and cook 2-3 minutes on each side or until lightly browned and fish just begins to flake easily with a fork. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Pecan-Coconut Crusted Tilapia
"The only change I made was baking it at 400 degrees for 20 minutes instead of pan frying, it was AMAZING! Served it with wild rice and steamed asparagus. My husband is a picky eater and even he enjoyed it!!!! This recipe's a keeper!"