Pecan-Coated Roughy Recipe
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup finely chopped pecans
- 4 orange roughy fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon chopped shallot
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 cup orange juice
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1. Place the egg and pecans in separate shallow bowls. Dip fillets into egg, then coat with pecans. Place in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, saute shallot in butter until tender. Add wine. Bring to a boil; cook for 1-2 minutes or until liquid is reduced by half.
- 3. In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, orange juice and mustard until smooth; stir into wine mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with orange roughy. Yield: 4 servings.
1 fillet with 3 tablespoons sauce equals 364 calories, 21 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 92 mg cholesterol, 207 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 29 g protein.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.