Pecan Chocolate Waffles
"If you like waffles and chocolate, this recipe is for you," assures Agnes Golian of Garfield Heights, Ohio. "These tender but crunchy waffles are great for breakfast, brunch or an after-dinner dessert. "
TIP: Instead of chocolate topping, top with berries and whipped cream or simply sprinkle with powdered sugar.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 cups pancake mix
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 1/2 cup chocolate syrup
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2/3 cup chopped pecans
- CHOCOLATE BUTTER:
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons Baking Cocoa
- Place pancake mix in a bowl. In another bowl, whisk eggs, milk,
- chocolate syrup and oil. Stir into pancake mix just until combined.
- Stir in pecans.
- Bake in a preheated round Belgian waffle iron according to
- manufacturer’s directions until golden brown. Meanwhile, in a small
- bowl, beat chocolate butter ingredients until smooth. Serve with
- waffles. Yield: 4 round waffles.
Freeze option: Cool waffles on wire racks. Freeze between layers of waxed paper in a resealable plastic freezer bag. Reheat waffles in a toaster on medium setting. Or, microwave each waffle on high for 30-60 seconds or until heated through.