Pecan Chocolate Waffles
"If you like waffles and chocolate, this recipe is for you," assures Agnes Golian of Garfield Heights, Ohio. "These tender but crunchy waffles are great for breakfast, brunch or an after-dinner dessert. "
TIP: Instead of chocolate topping, top with berries and whipped cream or simply sprinkle with powdered sugar.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 cup Bisquick® mix
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup chocolate syrup
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- CHOCOLATE BUTTER:
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking cocoa
- Place pancake mix in a bowl. In another bowl, whisk the egg, milk,
- chocolate syrup and oil. Stir into pancake mix just until combined.
- Stir in pecans.
- Bake in a preheated waffle iron according to manufacturer’s
- directions until golden brown. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, beat
- chocolate butter ingredients until smooth. Serve with waffles.
- Yield: 8 waffles.
Nutritional Facts: 2 waffles (calculated without chocolate butter) equals 322 calories, 17 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 57 mg cholesterol, 415 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 7 g protein.