Pecan Chocolate Puddles Recipe
Since my grandchildren like frosted cookies, I came up with this chocolate-topped version that satisfies them and is almost fuss-free for me. I have used the recipe for years and now make them for my great-grandchildren.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup (6 ounces) miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 48 pecan halves
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, oats, salt and baking powder; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in chopped pecans and miniature chocolate chips.
- 2. In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and milk; stir until smooth. Roll dough into 1-in. balls. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- 3. Using the end of a wooden spoon handle, make an indentation in the center of each ball. Fill with a rounded teaspoonful of melted chocolate; top with a pecan half.
- 4. Bake at 350° for 14-16 minutes or until the edges are lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 4 dozen.
2 each: 239 calories, 15g fat (6g saturated fat), 21mg cholesterol, 112mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Pecan Chocolate Puddles
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC