- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup (6 ounces) miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 48 pecan halves
- In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, oats, salt and baking powder; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in chopped pecans and miniature chocolate chips.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and milk; stir until smooth. Roll dough into 1-in. balls. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Using the end of a wooden spoon handle, make an indentation in the center of each ball. Fill with a rounded teaspoonful of melted chocolate; top with a pecan half.
- Bake at 350° for 14-16 minutes or until the edges are lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 4 dozen.
Originally published as Pecan Chocolate Puddles in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2001, p31
Reviews for Pecan Chocolate Puddles
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review