Pecan-Chocolate Chip Pound Cake Recipe
- 2-3/4 cups sugar
- 1-1/4 cups butter, softened
- 5 eggs
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup mini semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1. In a large bowl, beat sugar, butter (must be very soft but not melted), eggs and almond extract on low just until mixed. Beat on high for 5 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally.
- 2. In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt. On low speed, add flour mixture alternately with milk, mixing just until blended. Fold in chocolate chips.
- 3. Sprinkle pecans in the bottom of a greased and floured 10-in. tube pan. Carefully pour batter over pecans. Bake at 325° for 1 hour and 40 minutes or until cake tests done. Cool 20 minutes in pan before removing to a wire rack to cool completely. Yield: 16-20 servings.
1 piece: 385 calories, 20g fat (10g saturated fat), 85mg cholesterol, 188mg sodium, 49g carbohydrate (33g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Pecan-Chocolate Chip Pound Cake
"Looks delicious! I don't have enough butter, Can I use shortening?"