Pecan Chip Tube Cake
This is a fun recipe you can make with kids. They will love sprinkling the pecans, chocolate chips and marshmallows over the batter, and they'll be so proud of the final result. Plus, the cake comes together in minutes and feeds a crowd.
-Janet Keppinger, Salem, Oregon
12 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 55 min. + cooling
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. beat on low
- speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes.
- Pour half of the batter into a greased and floured 10-in. tube pan.
- Combine pecans and chocolate chips; sprinkle half over batter. Top
- with marshmallows and remaining batter; sprinkle with remaining
- pecan mixture.
- Bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near
- the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes; invert cake onto a
- serving plate. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 438 calories, 29 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 314 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.