A pecan coating adds a pleasant crunch to plain chicken. My family likes dipping the crispy chicken pieces in the easy-to-make sauce.—Bonnie Jean Lintick, Kathryn, Alberta
4 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1/3 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- MAPLE-DIJON SAUCE:
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- In a shallow bowl, combine the pecans, bread crumbs, thyme, paprika
- and salt. Place Dijon mustard in another shallow bowl. Coat chicken
- with mustard, then roll in pecan mixture.
- Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at
- 375° for 30-35 minutes or until juices run clear. In a small
- bowl, combine sauce ingredients; serve with chicken. Yield: 4
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 207 calories, 10 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 767 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 9 g protein.