A pecan coating adds a pleasant crunch to plain chicken. My family likes dipping the crispy chicken pieces in the easy-to-make sauce.—Bonnie Jean Lintick, Kathryn, Alberta
Recommended: 99 of Our Favorite Chicken Dinner Ideas
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/3 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- MAPLE-DIJON SAUCE:
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- In a shallow bowl, combine the pecans, bread crumbs, thyme, paprika and salt. Place Dijon mustard in another shallow bowl. Coat chicken with mustard, then roll in pecan mixture.
- Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until juices run clear. In a small bowl, combine sauce ingredients; serve with chicken. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Pecan Chicken in Country Woman May/June 1999, p35
Reviews forPecan Chicken
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 5, 2016
"WOW!! I am not a big pan of peanuts or pecans, but this was perfect! I did not make the sauce and it was just fine without it."