These zippy, pecan-crusted chicken breasts are so tender, and the easy-fix peach chutney adds a sweet-sour taste. I usually serve them with rice on the side. —Carisa Bravoco, Furlong, Pennsylvania
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- 3/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- PEACH MANGO CHUTNEY:
- 2 cups sliced peeled fresh or frozen peaches, thawed
- 1 cup mango chutney
- In a shallow bowl, combine the flour, salt and pepper. In another shallow bowl, whisk the eggs, buttermilk and hot pepper sauce. In a third bowl, combine pecans and bread crumbs.
- Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. Coat chicken with flour mixture, then dip in egg mixture and coat with pecan mixture.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook chicken in butter and oil for 8-10 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 170°.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine peaches and chutney. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes or until heated through. Serve with chicken. Yield: 6 servings (1-3/4 cups chutney).
Originally published as Pecan Chicken with Chutney in Taste of Home December/January 2007, p28
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Pecan Chicken with Chutney
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review