Pecan Chicken with Blue Cheese Sauce Recipe
Holiday-special in every way, this moist chicken is coated with pecans and drizzled with a rich, blue cheese sauce. It's easy and delicious…a real winner in my book. You can also use turkey breast and adjust the cook time. —Maggie Ruddy, Altoona, Iowa
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 3/4 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped green onion
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. In a shallow bowl, combine flour and rosemary; in a separate shallow bowl, combine butter and brown sugar. Place pecans in another shallow bowl. Coat chicken with flour mixture, then dip in butter mixture and coat with pecans.
- Transfer to a greased baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until a thermometer reads 170°.
- Meanwhile, place cream in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 8-10 minutes or until thickened. Stir in the cheese, onion, salt and pepper. Serve with chicken. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Pecan Chicken with Blue Cheese Sauce in Simple & Delicious November/December 2009, p37
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Pecan Chicken with Blue Cheese Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 14, 2011
i like cheese on it..
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Chicken >
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Pecan Recipes >