Pecan Chicken Pockets Recipe
- 3 tablespoons spreadable chive and onion cream cheese
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened, divided
- Dash pepper
- 1/2 cup cubed cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 tube (4 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 3 tablespoons seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped pecans
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, 1 tablespoon butter and pepper. Fold in chicken and mushrooms. Separate crescent dough into two rectangles; seal perforations. Spoon chicken mixture on each rectangle to within 1/2 in. of edges. Roll up, starting from a short side; pinch ends to seal.
- 2. In a shallow bowl, combine bread crumbs and pecans. Melt remaining butter; brush over entire surface of dough. Roll in crumb mixture. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 2 servings.
1 pocket equals 606 calories, 43 g fat (20 g saturated fat), 96 mg cholesterol, 1,041 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 18 g protein.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.