Pecan Chicken Pockets
Packaged crescent rolls provide a flaky outer crust for these comforting, flavorful handheld sandwiches. "My sister in Arizona shared the recipe with me," notes Audrey Marler of Kokomo, Indiana.
2 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 3 tablespoons spreadable chive and onion cream cheese
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened, divided
- Dash pepper
- 1/2 cup cubed cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 tube (4 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 3 tablespoons seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped pecans
- In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, 1 tablespoon butter and
- pepper. Fold in chicken and mushrooms. Separate crescent dough into
- two rectangles; seal perforations. Spoon chicken mixture on each
- rectangle to within 1/2 in. of edges. Roll up, starting from a short
- side; pinch ends to seal.
- In a shallow bowl, combine bread crumbs and pecans. Melt remaining
- butter; brush over entire surface of dough. Roll in crumb mixture.
- Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 30-35
- minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 pocket equals 606 calories, 43 g fat (20 g saturated fat), 96 mg cholesterol, 1,041 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 18 g protein.