Pecan Chicken Pockets Recipe
Packaged crescent rolls provide a flaky outer crust for these comforting, flavorful handheld sandwiches. "My sister in Arizona shared the recipe with me," notes Audrey Marler of Kokomo, Indiana.
- 3 tablespoons spreadable chive and onion cream cheese
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened, divided
- Dash pepper
- 1/2 cup cubed cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 tube (4 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 3 tablespoons seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped pecans
- In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, 1 tablespoon butter and pepper. Fold in chicken and mushrooms. Separate crescent dough into two rectangles; seal perforations. Spoon chicken mixture on each rectangle to within 1/2 in. of edges. Roll up, starting from a short side; pinch ends to seal.
- In a shallow bowl, combine bread crumbs and pecans. Melt remaining butter; brush over entire surface of dough. Roll in crumb mixture. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Pecan Chicken Pockets in Cooking for 2 Spring 2005, p33
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Pecan Chicken Pockets(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Chicken >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Sandwiches >
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Magazine >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Dinner for Two >
- Dinner For Two Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Hot Sandwich Recipes >
- Mushroom Main Dish Recipes >