Pecan Chicken Casserole Recipe
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (4 ounces) finely shredded cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 4 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup finely shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon dill seed
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Set aside 1/2 cup of crumb mixture for topping. Press remaining crumb mixture onto the bottom of a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. (Crust will be crumbly.)
- 2. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- 3. In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Pour over crust. Sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture.
- 4. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 12 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 383 calories, 28 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 143 mg cholesterol, 362 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 21 g protein.
Reviews for Pecan Chicken Casserole
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.