Pecan Chicken Casserole Recipe
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (4 ounces) finely shredded cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 4 Eggland's Best Eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 4 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup finely shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon dill seed
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Set aside 1/2 cup of crumb mixture for topping. Press remaining crumb mixture onto the bottom of a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. (Crust will be crumbly.)
- Bake at 350° for 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Pour over crust. Sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 12 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Pecan Chicken Casserole(8)
Sort By :
This is my family's favorite casserole. Even the leftovers are awesome. I double the crust mix and omit the dill seed and hot pepper sauce
My husband LOVES this casserole! He always asks me to make it.
didn't like how oily this was.
Have made this recipe several times for family, friends, church functions. Always a winner.
This was a nice, different way to serve chicken. I also think it could have used a bit more crust. I will also add additional seasonings to increase the flavor, but over all, we liked it and I will make this again.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baked Chicken >
- Casseroles >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chicken Casserole >
- Chicken Casserole Recipes >
- Chicken Casseroles >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >