Pecan Chicken A La King Recipe
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1-1/4 cups milk
- 1 cup cubed cooked chicken
- 1 tablespoon diced pimientos
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans, divided
- Hot cooked rice
- 1. In a saucepan, saute celery in butter until tender. Add bouillon, stirring until dissolved. Stir in the flour, salt and poultry seasoning until blended. Gradually add milk, stirring until smooth. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- 2. Add the chicken, pimientos, lemon juice and half of the pecans; cook until heated through. Serve over the rice. Sprinkle with remaining pecans. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 466 calories, 33 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 114 mg cholesterol, 832 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 28 g protein.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.