Pecan Cherry Bark Recipe
I just love to make chocolates at Christmastime. This popular candy combines pecans, chocolate and cherries—it is crunchy, sweet and just plain yummy!—Sue Kauffman, Columbia City, Indiana
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 30 min. + standing YIELD:128 servings
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- Dash ground nutmeg
- Dash ground cinnamon
- 1-3/4 cups chopped pecans
- 1 pound dark chocolate candy coating, coarsely chopped
- 3 tablespoons shortening, divided
- 1 pound milk chocolate candy coating, coarsely chopped
- 1 pound white candy coating, coarsely chopped
- 1-3/4 cups dried cherries or cranberries
- 1. In a large skillet, melt butter; add the brown sugar, nutmeg and cinnamon. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until sugar is dissolved, about 3 minutes. Add pecans; toss to coat. Transfer pecan mixture to a foil-lined pan. Cool completely.
- 2. In a microwave, melt dark chocolate candy coating and 1 tablespoon shortening; stir until smooth. Spread into a waxed paper-lined 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. pan.
- 3. Melt milk chocolate candy coating add 1 tablespoon shortening; stir until smooth. Spread over dark chocolate layer. Repeat with white candy coating and remaining shortening. Spread over milk chocolate layer. Sprinkle with sugared pecans and cherries; press down gently. Let stand until set. Break into pieces. Yield: 4 pounds.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC