- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- Dash ground nutmeg
- Dash ground cinnamon
- 1-3/4 cups chopped pecans
- 1 pound dark chocolate candy coating, coarsely chopped
- 3 tablespoons shortening, divided
- 1 pound milk chocolate candy coating, coarsely chopped
- 1 pound white candy coating, coarsely chopped
- 1-3/4 cups dried cherries or cranberries
- In a large skillet, melt butter; add the brown sugar, nutmeg and cinnamon. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until sugar is dissolved, about 3 minutes. Add pecans; toss to coat. Transfer pecan mixture to a foil-lined pan. Cool completely.
- In a microwave, melt dark chocolate candy coating and 1 tablespoon shortening; stir until smooth. Spread into a waxed paper-lined 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. pan.
- Melt milk chocolate candy coating add 1 tablespoon shortening; stir until smooth. Spread over dark chocolate layer. Repeat with white candy coating and remaining shortening. Spread over milk chocolate layer. Sprinkle with sugared pecans and cherries; press down gently. Let stand until set. Break into pieces. Yield: 4 pounds.
Reviews for Pecan Cherry Bark
Sort By :
I've made this several times now. However, it is too much for a 10 x 15 pan. I have made it with just two pounds of only milk chocolate melted together (that's what I had on hand), spread in a 12 x 17 pan with the yummy pecans on top and just half the amount of cherries. This breaks up pretty easily and is really good.
I did make this pretty much as written. I didn't have any dark chocolate coating, so I melted a couple ounces of unsweetened chocolate with a pound of milk chocolate coating for that layer. I really, now that the bark is set and broken up, wish that I had not used that third layer. One layer of chocolate coating and one layer of white chocolate coating would have been plenty. The three layers make the bark too thick and it's difficult to break in pieces. So next time, I will just use the two layers. But I will make this again next year. The sugared pecans are amazing!
I love this recipe!!! It is so delicious, and everybody really enjoys it! I am not a very good baker, (I love cook), and for the cookie swaps, this is what I make. There is always plenty for a sample, while everyone is making up there plates. It is also fast and simple.