Pecan Cheese Logs Recipe
Monterey Jack, Colby and cream cheese come together with seasonings to create these logs that everyone will enjoy. Roll them in toasty pecans for the perfect finishing touch. —Melissa Goff, Burkburnett, Texas
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Colby cheese
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups chopped pecans, toasted
- Butter-flavored crackers
- 1. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Stir in the shredded cheeses, mayonnaise, garlic powder, onion powder and Worcestershire sauce. Shape mixture into two logs, about 6 in. long. Roll in pecans, pressing down gently.
- 2. Wrap each in plastic wrap; refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight. Serve with crackers. Yield: 2 logs (12 servings each).
2 tablespoons (calculated without crackers) equals 189 calories, 18 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 29 mg cholesterol, 155 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC