Pecan Cheddar Snacks Recipe
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon biscuit/baking mix
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup crisp rice cereal
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1. In a bowl, combine the flour, biscuit mix and cayenne. Stir in butter until crumbly. Add cheese and egg; mix well. Stir in cereal and nuts.
- 2. Shape into 1-1/2 in. balls; place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 18-20 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve warm. Yield: 2-3 servings.
1 serving (3 each) equals 483 calories, 37 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 132 mg cholesterol, 405 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 11 g protein.
Reviews for Pecan Cheddar Snacks
"The texture of these was great, and they were really easy to make with ingredients I already had in my kitchen. They were a bit bland though--I would definitely suggest adding salt to the flour mixture to bring out the flavor of the cheese and pecans."