Pecan Cheddar Snacks
Once you take a bite of these crisp and chewy cheese balls, you'll surely want more. I make them for the holidays and other special occasions, and I keep some in the freezer so they're ready to serve anytime.
-Nellie Webb, Athens, Tennessee
2-3 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon biscuit/baking mix
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup crisp rice cereal
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- In a bowl, combine the flour, biscuit mix and cayenne. Stir in butter
- until crumbly. Add cheese and egg; mix well. Stir in cereal and
- Shape into 1-1/2 in. balls; place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake
- at 350° for 18-20 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve warm.
- Yield: 2-3 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3 each) equals 483 calories, 37 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 132 mg cholesterol, 405 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 11 g protein.