Once you take a bite of these crisp and chewy cheese balls, you'll surely want more. I make them for the holidays and other special occasions, and I keep some in the freezer so they're ready to serve anytime. -Nellie Webb, Athens, Tennessee
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon biscuit/baking mix
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup crisp rice cereal
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- In a bowl, combine the flour, biscuit mix and cayenne. Stir in butter until crumbly. Add cheese and egg; mix well. Stir in cereal and nuts.
- Shape into 1-1/2 in. balls; place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 18-20 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve warm. Yield: 2-3 servings.
Originally published as Pecan Cheddar Snacks in Reminisce January/February 2003, p50
Reviews for Pecan Cheddar Snacks
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review