Pecan Cheddar Crisps
"These crispy snacks are super as a party appetizer," reports field editor Ozela Haynes of Emerson, Arkansas. "They're also nice to nibble on anytime."
8 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup finely shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup pecan halves
- In a bowl, cream the butter and cheese. Combine flour, paprika and
- salt; add to creamed mixture.
- Shape dough into 1-in. balls. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking
- sheets. Top each with a pecan; press down to flatten. Bake at
- 350° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire
- rack to cool. Yield: about 2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3 each) equals 229 calories, 18 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 38 mg cholesterol, 232 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.