Pecan Carrot Bundt Cake Recipe
The pecans and citrus flavor make this dessert special. It's a moist cake with sweet, creamy frosting.—Joan Taylor, Adrian, Minnesota
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 35 min. Bake: 50 min. + cooling YIELD:12-16 servings
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon peel
- 2 tablespoons grated orange peel
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 pound carrots, grated
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/2 to 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each. Beat in lemon and orange peels. Combine dry ingredients; gradually add to creamed mixture alternately with juices. Stir in carrots, raisins and pecans.
- 2. Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. Bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes; remove from pan to wire rack.
- 3. For frosting, in a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, confectioners' sugar and vanilla until smooth. Frost cake; sprinkle with pecans. Yield: 12-16 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 487 calories, 23 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 90 mg cholesterol, 367 mg sodium, 68 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 6 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC