The pecans and citrus flavor make this dessert special. It's a moist cake with sweet, creamy frosting.—Joan Taylor, Adrian, Minnesota
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon peel
- 2 tablespoons grated orange peel
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 pound carrots, grated
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/2 to 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each. Beat in lemon and orange peels. Combine dry ingredients; gradually add to creamed mixture alternately with juices. Stir in carrots, raisins and pecans.
- Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. Bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes; remove from pan to wire rack.
- For frosting, in a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, confectioners' sugar and vanilla until smooth. Frost cake; sprinkle with pecans. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Originally published as Pecan Carrot Bundt Cake in Taste of Home February/March 2000, p45
Reviews for Pecan Carrot Bundt Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review