Pecan Caramels Recipe
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, divided
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups Diamond of California Chopped Pecans
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Line a 13-in. x 9-in. pan with foil; grease the foil with butter. Set aside.
- In a large heavy saucepan, combine the sugar, corn syrup and 1 cup cream. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Cook and stir until smooth and blended, about 10 minutes. Stir in milk and remaining cream. Bring to a boil over medium-low heat, stirring constantly. Cook and stir until a candy thermometer reads 238° (soft-ball stage), about 25 minutes.
- Remove from the heat; stir in pecans and vanilla. Pour into prepared pan (do not scrape saucepan). Cool. Using foil, lift candy out of pan; cut into 1-in. squares. Wrap individually in waxed paper. Yield: about 2-1/2 pounds.
Reviews for Pecan Caramels(5)
Sort By :
followed this recipe twice and ended up with a gooey mess. 238 degrees maybe isn't high enough, tasted good, but gooey!
Absolutely delicious! Using the 9x13 pan makes the ends a little thin and not so pretty for gifting, but hey, I'll eat those. 5 stars!!
From beginning to end, it's been an hour long process each time I make these caramels, but without a doubt, this recipe has elevated me to the sweet treat goddess! Chewy goodness. So cool to see the cream-colored ingredients transform to the rich caramel color. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
This is an excellent recipe. I make it at Christmas time and cannot keep the candy long enough to package for gifts. Do not cook long than the soft-ball stage as it will not be chewy. I experienced that (by mistake)
This is an excellent recipe for anytime of the year. I made three batches of the candy at Christmas time as it was very popular at the places I took it too. Even for the gift giving, it was great!!!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Candy Recipes >
- Caramel Candy Recipes >
- Christmas Candy >
- Christmas Candy >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Gift Recipes >
- Holiday Candy >
- Nut Recipes >
- Pecan Recipes >
- Potluck Desserts >
- Potluck Recipes >