Pecan Caramel Clusters
A box of this mouthwatering homemade candy does an outstanding job of showing your affection on Valentine’s Day or any time. The recipe comes from Janice Price of Lexington, Kentucky, who notes, “These are delicious and so easy to make.”Janice Price, Lexington, Kentucky
30 ServingsPrep: 25 min. + chilling
- 1 package (14 ounces) caramels
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups coarsely chopped pecans
- 4 ounces white candy coating, coarsely chopped
- 4 ounces dark chocolate candy coating, coarsely chopped
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the caramels, water and butter.
- Microwave, uncovered, on high for 3 to 3-1/2 minutes, stirring every
- 30 seconds. Stir in pecans.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls onto greased baking sheets. Freeze for 15-20
- minutes or until set.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine candy coatings. Microwave,
- uncovered, on high for 1-2 minutes, stirring every 15 seconds; stir
- until smooth. Dip caramel clusters in coating; allow excess to drip
- off. Place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Chill until firm.
- Yield: about 2 pounds.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 152 calories, 10 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 40 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.