- 1 package (14 ounces) caramels
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups coarsely chopped pecans
- 4 ounces white candy coating, coarsely chopped
- 4 ounces dark chocolate candy coating, coarsely chopped
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the caramels, water and butter. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 3 to 3-1/2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds. Stir in pecans.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls onto greased baking sheets. Freeze for 15-20 minutes or until set.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine candy coatings. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 1-2 minutes, stirring every 15 seconds; stir until smooth. Dip caramel clusters in coating; allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Chill until firm. Yield: about 2 pounds.
Reviews for Pecan Caramel Clusters
"Very tasty pecan clusters. Can't go wrong with caramel, pecans and chocolate!"
"This has been a favorite in my house since the very first time I made them. I made a batch for my family for Valentine's Day, and my daughter's comment was, "Who BUYS chocolates? These are amazing!" I use 5 oz. each of white and semisweet coatings, and I generally get about 32 candies out of one batch."
"These are so easy to make. I've been making them for my husband for Valentines Day for about 10 years.i did have problems with the wax paper sticking to the candy. I think it was because I left them in the freezer overnight instead for 15-20 minutes. Plus I now used those baking sheets and lightly sprayed butter spray oil on the baking sheets. They came loose so much better."
"I JUST MADE THESE WERE SO EASY TO MAKE AND BETTER TO EAT!"
"I JUST MADE THESE WERE EASY AND GREAT!"