A box of this mouthwatering homemade candy does an outstanding job of showing your affection on Valentine’s Day or any time. The recipe comes from Janice Price of Lexington, Kentucky, who notes, “These are delicious and so easy to make.”—Janice Price, Lexington, Kentucky
- 1 package (14 ounces) caramels
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups coarsely chopped pecans
- 4 ounces white candy coating, coarsely chopped
- 4 ounces dark chocolate candy coating, coarsely chopped
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the caramels, water and butter. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 3 to 3-1/2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds. Stir in pecans.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls onto greased baking sheets. Freeze for 15-20 minutes or until set.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine candy coatings. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 1-2 minutes, stirring every 15 seconds; stir until smooth. Dip caramel clusters in coating; allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Chill until firm. Yield: about 2 pounds.
Originally published as Pecan Caramel Clusters in Taste of Home February/March 2007, p68
Reviews for Pecan Caramel Clusters
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review