I received this recipe from my aunt who made it every Christmas. Her son now asks me every year for this candy as a Christmas present.—Mary Kay Hilt, Gardner, Kansas
- 1-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 3 cups heavy whipping cream, divided
- Dash salt
- 6 cups pecan halves
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Line a 13-in. x 9-in. pan with foil; butter the foil. Set aside. In a heavy saucepan, combine the sugar, corn syrup, 1 cup cream and salt. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Cook until a candy thermometer reads 234° (soft-ball stage).
- Gradually stir in 1 cup cream. Cook until mixture returns to 234°. Gradually add remaining cream. Cook and stir until mixture reaches 240°.
- Remove from the heat. Stir in pecans and vanilla. Quickly pour into prepared pan; cool completely.
- Using foil, lift candy out of pan. Discard foil; cut candy into squares. Yield: 3-1/2 pounds.
Originally published as Pecan Caramel Chews in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2008, p54
Reviews for Pecan Caramel Chews
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review