Pecan-Caramel Cheesecake Pie Recipe
This cheesecake pie takes very little time to prepare, so I make it often. My husband tries to beat our son-in-law to the last piece! —Darlene Smith, Rockford, Illinois
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. Bake: 40 min. + cooling YIELD:8 servings
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 20 caramels
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1 chocolate crumb crust (8 inches)
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- Pecan halves, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar and eggs until smooth. Beat in vanilla; set aside.
- 2. In a small saucepan, heat caramels and milk over low heat until caramels are melted; stir until smooth. Pour into crust. Sprinkle with chopped pecans. Pour cream cheese mixture over the top.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until center is nearly set. Cool for 10 minutes. Sprinkle with chocolate chips and pecan halves if desired. Cool completely on a wire rack. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 8 servings.
1 slice equals 573 calories, 36 g fat (18 g saturated fat), 120 mg cholesterol, 358 mg sodium, 56 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 10 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC