Pecan-Caramel Cheesecake Pie
This cheesecake pie takes very little time to prepare, so I make it often. My husband tries to beat our son-in-law to the last piece!
—Darlene Smith, Rockford, Illinois
8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 40 min. + cooling
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 20 caramels
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1 chocolate crumb crust (8 inches)
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- Pecan halves, optional
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar and eggs until smooth.
- Beat in vanilla; set aside.
- In a small saucepan, heat caramels and milk over low heat until
- caramels are melted; stir until smooth. Pour into crust. Sprinkle
- with chopped pecans. Pour cream cheese mixture over the top.
- Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until center is nearly set.
- Cool for 10 minutes. Sprinkle with chocolate chips and pecan halves
- if desired. Cool completely on a wire rack. Refrigerate leftovers.
- Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 slice equals 573 calories, 36 g fat (18 g saturated fat), 120 mg cholesterol, 358 mg sodium,